Monday, March 12, 2012

Weekend Recap

 Friday afternoon I went to We've Got Your Back to meet my new chiropractor Dr. Trenner. Her evaluation was that my left shoulder and my mid back had a slight elevation to the left (damn office chair) but my hips had a slight elevation to the right (can't explain that one). She also examined my ankle and then confirmed my fear: that little sprain in November wasn't really a sprain. She believes I tore some of my muscles and fractured the ankle. That explains why 4 months later it's still swollen.... and will be for another 6-9 months. So now I get to sport Kinesiology tape everyday. What? All the cool kids are doing it.


Friday night I spent the evening playing Settlers of Catan and Texas Hold'em at a pizza joint in Portland with some friends. Which turned into something along the lines of going out dancing with strangers. "So how do you know Paige?" "I just met her tonight." "Oh then how do you know Leif?" "I just met him as well." "So you don't know any of us?" "No..." "That's awesome." *high five*

 Saturday was a different story, I spent the day at home. However, my travel companion and I did purchase our plane tickets for Coachella! We're flying Virgin Air which has blue and pink track lighting, what a great way to get into music festival mode!


Sunday I ran around all day doing errands. Some of my favorite purchases:

St. Ive's Invigorating Apricot Scrub


I needed a new exfoliate scrub and after a bit of research was happy to support St. Ives. Their philosophies are to use ingredients from nature, to not add parabens or phthalates (preservatives and plastic additives used in many hygiene products), use environmentally sustainable vendors, no animal testing, eco-friendly packaging, and reducing waste through using PCR material and having a recycling return program. And you can't beat a $3.00 price tag.

I headed to my local Target after weeks of reading about their colored  skinny jeans on Nat The Fat Rat's page and I purchased their teal skinnies. They are skin tight but really bright and fantastic, this photo doesn't do them justice. Plus their daily deal was 15% off of women's jeans, score.


I also splurged on this sheer top which is a lot brighter and cuter in person.


Target also has coupons for $75-$1 off a 3-pack of gum and being a gum addict I couldn't miss that opportunity. I picked up Orbit's new Wildberry Remix flavor. I am in love. It's the perfect grape-like flavor. I've already gone through a pack and a half...


After Target I headed to the mall and bought half of Forever 21, serious shopping spree.
1. The static faux fur jacket which doesn't look that great online but in person it's plush, super soft and looks ridiculously expensive. 
2. The shawl lapel blazer which also doesn't look overly fabulous online but in person it's shiny and fitted. 
3. I also bought two of the long sleeve button up shirts.(They totally reminded me of JoAnn from A Cup of Joe.) They're light and bright, perfect for the office or a relaxed night with friends. 
4. This stripped top with tie. I can't wait for weather nice enough to wear this!
5. A dark green high-low skirt that I've been lusting after for ages.
6. An elbow patch sweater, better late than never right?
7. Today the weather is crappy so I decided to wear my new raglan sleeve sweater ($10.99). It's the perfect dark green and super comfy.



No comments:

Post a Comment