Thursday, November 17, 2011

BodyPump

One of the classes I'm taking to get back into tip top shape is called BodyPump. Les Mills is the creator of this insanely challenging class. The class focuses on (mainly) using a barbell loaded with weights to help you tone and build muscle. With each set you do about 100 reps. It's ridiculous but a great way to burn 500 cals in 60 minutes and get a combo cardio/weight workout.

Tonight I went to my favorite instructor's class and decided it was time to increase my weights (you're encouraged to do this every couple of weeks). I about died, like dead. My instructor kept saying "When you don't think you can give anymore is when you really start to build. This is where we change our bodies, come on just one more set. (Even though there were four more sets.) I love having someone looking at you and encouraging you to do more. That or she seriously has it out for me! ;)

I do love these posters though:



No comments:

Post a Comment