Friday, March 16, 2012

Happy Friday!

And a happy Friday it truly is! I felt awful today but when I got home this was waiting for me:


Insert celebratory dance now.
I can't describe how ridiculously excited I am. My friend Tiffanie and I have been planning parts of our trip every day and now it feels real.

So let's rewind a bit:

This morning I made baked eggs, it's my new favorite way to make eggs on weekday mornings. I can just pop them in the oven while I get ready. Why didn't I try this sooner?



I spent my lunch break at the Salmon Creek Plastic Surgery. I had my very first laser hair removal experience. Today was the first of six treatments that will be six weeks apart. So pretty much in the span of a pregnancy I will have my unwanted hair removed. And let me tell you, this is not a painless experience! I'm not sure why but I envisioned the technician rubbing a laser over my skin like an ultra sound with no feeling. I was right about the ultrasound like wand but it's coupled with a pulsing light that feels like a bunch of needles being stuck in the skin for a micro second. It stung and tickled at the same time. It's wasn't the worst thing in the world but it certainly was not pleasant. (I have a very low pain threshold.) I'm just glad I decided to do a bikini treatment only as a starting point.

And because I've felt sick all day, dinner was homemade alphabet chicken noodle soup. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment