Thursday, March 15, 2012

Let The End Begin

I've slept about 10 hours so far this week... exhausted doesn't describe my feelings but it's the end of the semester so pushing on is the only option. Finals week what a silly thing... I'm not a fan of the American school system: cramming so much busy work and tests into the semester that all the students can do is try to survive. It teaches students to study and forget instead of learn. I personally prefer Socratic learning. It frustrates me that everything is based on a grade and getting a GPA instead of actual retention of material, creating new ideas, or exploring topics in ways beyond the classroom walls... I mean just because a student can cram and remember the material for the test does not mean that they know it. I have so many friends who openly admit they remember little to nothing from many of their college classes. I feel like this spills into other areas of student's lives... Ok. Steps off of soap box, puts it away. Eh, back to my paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment