Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Luke Skywalker, A Fireman, and A Sombrero

"I am often accused of being childish.  I prefer to interpret that as child-like.  I still get wildly enthusiastic about little things.  I tend to exaggerate and fantasize and embellish.  I still listen to instinctual urges.  I play with leaves.  I skip down the street and run against the wind.  I never water my garden without soaking myself.  It has been after such times of joy that I have achieved my greatest creativity and produced my best work."
~Leo F. Buscaglia, Bus 9 to Paradise

I am a firm believer in the ideal that you should frequently revert to a child-like manner. Children don't have the limitations adults put on themselves. I do agree that there is a "time and place" and that as an adult responsibilities need to be dealt with, with class and tact. But there is something to be said about letting go of inhibitions and reverting to the power that children have to create and let free. It's vital that we let ourselves "play", it is an opportunity to relax. This doesn't mean that you have to make mud pies or paint your face (although, if you want to go for it!). Someone once told me "I'd rather take a ride on my motorcycle or rent a hotel room than built a fort in the living room" and that's a valid point. You don't have to "play" in the same manner as a child, you just need to play. 

Granted, Brittany and I did play as children for a while Saturday night. We decided that we deserved a study break and we were going to take the rest of the evening off as a reward of our studiousness. Our child-like activity? Kicking it with the youngest of my baby brothers (six) and playing dress up with him. Afterward we reverted to the twenty-something year olds we are and hit the bar. Where we spent the night laughing until our sides hurt and dancing to Irish music.


Sombrero


Justin Bieber


Luke as Luke Skywalker



Firewoman







1 comment:

  1. Love the quote. (And the pictures.) Cute post. :) LOVES <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete