Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Babysitting Miss Sadie

Natalie from Nat The Fat Rat shared this article this morning about French vs. American parenting. It was a fascinating read especially in evaluating my babysitting skills last night. My friend Kristin is again out of town for work and her husband had a meeting regarding their company, so I offered to watch their daughter Sadie.


I headed to their house right after class last night. Even though I only had a 2 hour nap in a 48 hour span I was oddly lively while watching little miss Love has a way of keeping you active. Especially when she looks up at your with those bright blue eyes and asks "Auntie Ashley can we _____ "? (Fill in the blank with appropriate toddler requests.) I generally oblige which is why we danced around the living room, had a mini photo shoot and played kitchen before story/bed time. 

Sadie loves to play photographer and tonight she took a lot of photos, mainly of her hot pink pants. What can I say, the girl's got taste! Really she does, Kristin allows Sadie to pick out her own clothes while shopping.

Sadie's Photos:


Our dance party was choreographed to Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye featuring Kimbra (two of my newest musical obsessions). Selected on repeat, we listened to that song again and again. I can't get enough of the music video. So simple and yet how many hours did they stand there to be painted? Another music video/song that I keep on repeat is Kimbra's Good Intent. I really want her dress!

Anyway, during the dance party Sadie sat next to her "sister" Tessa and pet her/gave her hugs. Break my heart, kid. I had to pause my interpretative dancing to snap a few photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment