Friday, February 24, 2012

Birthday Activities

Kells Irish Pub

It is no secret that Kells is by far my favorite pub in Portland and when I found out a few months ago that they have a sister location in Seattle I insisted to Ryan "I have to go on one of my upcoming trips!" He remembered my request and took me there last Friday night. The Seattle Kells is practically nothing like the Portland Kell's but it's still just as amazing. Have you ever had a Washington Apple? It was our beverage of choice for the night.



Tea Time

On my actual day of birth, we spent the entire morning and early afternoon baking a plethora of cupcakes. Mid afternoon rolled around and being up to my elbows in cupcakes (literally), starving and in need of a hairbrush the boys convinced me to put the spatula down and attend tea time. My friends have shared stories about this illusive tea time for ages and last Saturday I finally was able to experience it for myself. Tea time occurs at The Grill on Broadway, the restaurant its self is gorgeous and their $5 sliders and teas are unbelievably good. 









The birthday kids Brad (on my left) and myself with Brandyn, Ryan and Tiffanie. 
Best Seattle hosts.


There was a pre-event going on at The Grill that night, we had to join in on the fun. Naturally.


After dinner we headed to Red Light Vintage & Costume. That place... ridiculous. I could easily spend way too much money in that store.







Movie Time

After our photo shoot (pictures to come!) we headed out to Purr, a bar on Capital Hill. It is our regular bar of choice, not fully recovered from my week of sickness I  ended up sitting at a table observing for most of the night, secretly excited about going back to the apartment for movie time. We watched a number of movies over the weekend but the birthday night movie choice was Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. I had never seen the movie before and I loved it. The awkwardness of the main characters and monologues of Flint the main character kept me laughing again and again. 




No comments:

Post a Comment