Monday, February 27, 2012

Weekend Recap

Continuing the birthday theme: My baby brother's birthday was one week ago today. We are three years and two days apart. Growing up we would always celebrate our birthday together. This year we were planning on going to LA but his travel plans fell through.... hopefully next year! But I still wanted to do something special so this weekend I sent out a care package.

Included were some of his favorite cookies: double chocolate chip using this recipe.


I also decided to try the Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie n’ Oreo Fudge Brownie Bar that's been circulating Pinterest for weeks. My brother Daniel and I braved the weather and walked the pups to the store to grab a few ingredients. We literally experienced rain then snow and when slush started falling from the sky decided to take shelter in Petsmart and buy the pups treats. By the time we left the store (15 minutes later) it was sunny. Honestly, this weather!



While waiting for the oven I spent some quality time with the pups.

Megatron enjoying his new toy:


V having separation anxiety this weekend, trying to have me hold her anytime I was in her sight:


After baking and a ridiculous amount of chores I headed out for the night to celebrate my birthday with my Vancouver friends. We were going to go to Harvey's comedy club but the show was sold out so instead we headed to Le Happy, a creperie on the west side of Portland. Their crepes are amazing. The atmosphere is eclectic and it's very small but if you're in the mood for crepes this is a must stop in Portland. Afterward we went to Shiraz Grill a Mediterranean bar for drinks. The drinks were good and their homemade fries are stellar but our waitress was extremely pushy and put a damper on our experience. We ended our night listening to music and grabbing another drink at Jinx. I couldn't have asked for better company or a more relaxed and hilarious night.




I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend, happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment