Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

My family and I went hiking around Lacamas Lake this afternoon. A small lake 10 minutes from our home. That's what I love about the northwest, you can literally walk to beautiful waterfalls and groves of towering trees. The landscape is breathtaking and beautiful.


My dad and I goofing around, I wonder where I get it from?



Our hike turned into a zombie walk...


My youngest brother and I goofing around on the tire swing.


And his epic battle between dinosaurs and the army.



In my parents' home Christmas Eve's night is entirely focused on eating and reading the Christmas story. This year we changed the menu to lasagna, a welcomed change for me! Usually my Mother makes baked ham which means I go vegetarian for the night. Let's just say baked ham and I have had too many awful past experiences so we broke up years ago. My traditional role during the holidays is to set and decorate the table. 


My brother, the alcoholic. (Don't worry it's only sparkling cider.)


The family (minus Daniel, the boy behind the camera):



After dinner we read the Christmas story and discussed the wise men. It was a beautiful Christmas Eve. I hope everyone has a fabulous Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment