Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Day Trip - Part II

Following the market we each picked a spot to visit. Michael chose Post Alley to see the famous gum wall. It's pretty disgusting but a very traditional tourist attraction.



 My brother David adding his gum to the wall.


Next my siblings and I headed to see the Freemont Troll, my choice. Naturally, we just assumed it was underneath the Freemont bridge, it is not. It's under the Aurora bridge. Luckily we pulled over to look for directions because we ended up pulling onto a dock that had a glorious view of downtown Seattle and the surrounding areas. Sometimes getting "lost" has its perks.




Can you find me? I blended in pretty well. 


Following the troll expedition we went to the downtown Seattle library, my brother David's choice. The architecture and interior decor is extremely compelling. 



Next we headed to the Space Needle, my brother-in-law's choice.





We ended our night with dinner on the water at Fisherman's Restaurant and Bar; my sister's choice as it was her and her husband's honeymoon dinner spot.We all ordered clam chowder, a perfect end to the cold day.

Coming soon: Seattle Surprise Party

No comments:

Post a Comment