Monday, December 19, 2011

Siblings

My entire family has not been together in over three years. Today my sister and brother flew in for Christmas. I could not be happier that they are here! I am the oldest of six. Which, to many people that is just a ridiculous amount of kids but it works for my family. We joke about having two families as the oldest three are all 1.5 years apart (very planned) and then there's this gap before the youngest three (vacation babies, no joke!). Being part of a large family has a ton of perks and although I'm not sure about how many little ones I want running around someday I adore my siblings. Today I felt blessed and reassured of how much I am loved. 

After all the hellos were said my uncleand his family met us along the waterfront of the Columbia River to watch the Christmas ships sail by. We were that  family. The ones who are loud and said inappropriate things, continually cracking jokes and pretending to throw each other into the river. And I loved every minute of it. I forget how much we all thrive when we're together and how hilarious everything is. We are never serious and always ruining photos with odd faces. I wouldn't have it any other way. 






No comments:

Post a Comment