Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Meet the Browns; A Birthday Wish

Meet the Browns:

Kristen, DJ and Gigi (Giselle as in the Victoria Secret model)

Kristen and I have been friends since high school, I would easily say she is one of my dearest and best friends. Seven months ago her little family moved to Alaska, Alaska I say! Today was Mrs. Brown's birthday and for her wish she wished to come home and spend a week with her friends and family. So I had the opportunity to pick up one of my favorite families from the PDX airport at 5:30am! 5:30am is a big deal. Only if I truly love you will I get up and meet you by this time. When I pulled up to the curb their sweet baby girl  walked toward me. I must have looked ridiculous; jaw dropped and stunned to place. She was walking! I knew that she would be much more "grown up" than 7 months ago but I just didn't expect the toddler that I saw. It was a fantastic surprise. We headed to Starbucks for breakfast and then went to surprise her mom. Her mother had no idea that they were coming in. Her mom's reaction was priceless. And I agree wholeheartedly with her when she declared "I know it's your birthday but it feels more like MY birthday!" After work Kristen, DJ and myself met at Hot Pot'n Sushi by the PDK airport. I am  pretty much a veggie only sushi kind of girl and they had some awesome dishes. My favorite are the Tempura roll (asparagus, cream cheese, rice and seaweed) and a Croquette type of dish (mashed edamame and corn). Our next adventure is the John McLaughlin concert. Look for pictures in my next post.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment