Saturday, December 31, 2011

Seattle Surprise Party

After my sibling's improvised trip to Seattle I decided to surprise my friend Ryan for his birthday. Ry is honestly the worst person to surprise. He (self-admittedly) micromanages everything, making it quite impossibly to surprise him.Over our eight year friendship I have never seen him surprised. He is always in the loop and always guesses what's going on. Remember my outing with the Browns? He was supposed to join as a surprise guest for both him and her, but he literally stalked Facebook until he figured out what was going on. I still love him quirks and all. After my sister and I decided Thursday night that we were in fact going to be in Seattle. I set the plan to have our mutual friend take Ry out for birthday drinks. The girls and I would then surprise him shortly after. We were supposed to meet them at 9:00 but 9:00 turned into 9:45. Luckily Brandyn is a pro at redirecting Ryan's attention. Inside the bar we hid behind a wall and text Brandyn to start recording. He played it off like he was texting. :) Tiffany led the way and Ryan's reaction couldn't have been more perfect. Sitting on his stool he just blinked at Tiffany then Rona then looked at me mouth open and bewildered. It was only when we all said "hi Ry" that he came to.

After Elite we headed to Purr a Capital Hill favorite. We sang, danced and rocked the night away. This text pretty much says it all:




Have you ever thrown a surprise party? How did it turn out?

Happy New Year's Eve everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment