Monday, January 23, 2012

Weekend Recap

This weekend I had the pleasure of attending Chocolatefest at the Oregon Convention Center. Basically it's heaven; a bunch of vendors providing samples of chocolate, does it get any better? 

Kate and I fell in love with cocotutti. Based in California this artisan chocolatier won us over with their outstanding flavor combinations and beautiful designs. Their Fig with Roasted Walnuts confection stole my heart and made my inner chocolate loving kid do cartwheels. Closely followed in favoritism by the Raspberry with Housemade Jam. Kate's fling with their Florentine confection was short lived as their Jasmine confection turned into full blown affair. Basically what I'm trying to say is these are well worth the cost. Fair warning: you will be addicted.



Also, a perk for my fellow Portland/Vancouver ladies these gems are available at three PastaWorks locations in Portland.

Our runner-up for unique taste was Theo. Kate had brought their Coconut Curry Fantasy Bar to girl's night the week before so we were very pleased to see their stand at the convention. Not only is their chocolate amazing but their story is inspirational. They are the first and only fair-trade organic chocolate factory in the United States. Their factory offers tours in Seattle. I know what I'm doing on my next trip up! 

And we loved the salted caramel by George Paul Chocolates.

After a chocolate overload I headed to celebrate Brittany's birthday. We met a large group at McMinemans before heading downtown for a night of dancing. Two cute photos of the birthday girl and I.

Outfit for the night: (I snapped this on accident before I smiled but it was the best view of the full outfit. I will master self portraits someday!)


Career jacket, sequin top and gray skinny jeans: Forever 21. 
Shoes: Nine West.

No comments:

Post a Comment